About Epos Now
Epos Now is a system aimed at small businesses within retail and hospitality. It works with most POS hardware and can be used on PCs, Macs, iPads, and Android tablets. The system is intuitive, with setup being achievable within 15 minutes. It has a two-tier cloud-based software system with hardware available individually or as a bundle. The company also offers full data migration services from your previous POS provider.
Epos Now’s main features are aimed at real-time reports and static payment solutions in many stock and customer-focused areas, as follows:
- Real-time reporting access from multiple remote devices, as well as stock levels and purchase record reports.
- The loyalty module works with a card scheme within retail. Sales figures can be reconciled against staff members with a range of reports available on staff success.
- The tiered authorisation feature allows different access levels for different employees.
- Promotional offers can be designed and tracked, ensuring real-time performance data.
- For hospitality, the table plan and stock management systems add to the real-time focus.
- The customised receipt function allows users to set up email services for repeat customers.
Hardware can be purchased directly from Epos Now, however, the software is compatible with most-third-party hardware. The in-house hardware includes a 2018 dual-core Pro-C15 touch screen terminal, which can be configured either to a hospitality or retail setup. The installation and configuration costs are included in the bundle purchase price for the Epos Now in-house hardware. Epos Now also put together bundles under their POStoGO banner, which includes a mobile card reader from PayPal Here.
All data is synced to the cloud in real-time and can be accessed from all registered devices, thus avoiding downtime. For employees, security clearance cards can be configured, ensuring levelled access for specific job roles and levels of management.
Users can get one-to-one training and coaching programmes. They have access to 24/7 support online, by phone, or by web form. There are also onsite engineers across the UK for site visits. All packages can be demoed with tutorials for new users.
Costs and fees
The full hospitality and retail systems cost £1199 exc. VAT or £47 a month. There are no upfront fees for usage or to pay monthly. The scaled-back iPad system costs £549. Alternatively, the cost of software only is £499 or £25 a month. There is a 30-day free trial available for which no credit card details are taken.
Epos Now is one of the market-leading POS systems for small to medium-sized businesses. It has a strong focus on customer and sales reporting, with the main element of the software being aimed at retail and hospitality. It is user-friendly, which will suit smaller business markets, and support is available 24/7 for those with less experience of POS system management.